We finally got to Houston to visit Nai-nai (grandmother in Chinese)! We could only stay a few days, but it was a great visit. We got to climb trees, go to church, meet a bunch of people, get presents from Nai-nai, and get special kisses from Maggie, a very special dog!
We also got to eat ice cream!

First Day at School
We also started preschool this week. Joy has been asking to go to school for about a month (remember we've only been home 2 months!), but we were worried about her frustration with the language. She had been getting pretty worked up when we didn't understand her. But, after doing so well at Little Gym the last few weeks, we decided it was time.
Fortunately, we were right! Joy has been 2 days and she loves it!! The first day, she told me to stay with her, but that was before we got there. Once she got in the classroom and realized she was going to be okay, she gave me one of those "you can go away now" looks - so I said goodbye and told her I'd be back in a little while. I looked in on her a few times and she was always invovled and seemed fine. There were no fingers in her mouth! So I left.
When I did come back, about 5 minutes before the end of class, she gave me The Go Away Look! When class was over and we had to leave, she was fine for about 5 minutes. Then she decided to be mad at me because we left! She was mad for about 3 hours!!
We have to get up awfully early to get to school on time and this morning I was really worried she wouldn't get up. We went to church last night, so it was a late night. She was sound asleep when I woke her. After grumping for about 3 minutes, she opened her eyes and laughed. The first words out of her mouth were "Go to school!"
Okay, that problem is solved!
I had laid out her clothes upstairs on her bed (she's still on the futon in our room, but we're working on that....more on that later), and she went up and brushed her teeth, got dressed, and brushed her hair all by herself. I went up to help her put a ponytail in and she was all smiles.
She had a great second day as well. The teacher told me how much she participated and was "a lovely girl". Thank you - we think so as well!
Here's a picture, not a very good one of her in her First Day of School outfit and another one of her new shoes (of course she got new shoes for the First Day of School!). They are the kind that light up when you step hard enough in them. She loves them!
Next - Joy's Baptism this weekend and some vocabulary words
No comments:
Post a Comment