Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bedtime part 1


Sunday, Dec. 27, 2009
We knew sleep was going to be an issue, for all of us at least for a little while! Last night, Joy wanted to sleep in her own bed, but then didn't really. She started to get upset and started saying the same thing over and over again. I asked her if she wanted Daddy and me to sleep in her bed and she said yes. But then agreed that we wouldn't all 3 fit. So she went trooping downstairs to our bedroom. She pointed at our bed and pointed upstairs, talking the whole time. I really think she wanted us to move our bed upstairs into her room! lol!

So we started out in her room, went to sleep in 4 minutes, but was awake in 30. And came looking for us! So, she slept in our bed. I think we won't get her in her bed for a whole night for awhile. We did do a nap in there today, but she told me I was the only one who slept. Could be....

Today has been a day to learn new words. I'm pretty sure that her repeated phrase means, "what is this called". So we have learned, or heard lots of words today. The one she likes best is "beautiful"!

We are watching "The Sound of Music" at the moment. She is entranced! We walked down the aisle with Maria and now we're singing "Auf wiedersehn" and clapping with the audience. I found out something today - she knows solfege! For my nonmusical friends, that means she knows Do, Re, Mi, etc. She was singing back to me a little song in one of her books with nonsense words, and then all of a sudden, she sang the solfege syllables. I was just thunderstruck!! They weren't all right, but they were mostly right. So I sang a scale to her and she sang it with me and then backwards (like, do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do-ti-la-so-fa-mi-re-do). Not an easy thing to do! I sang "good morning, it's great to stay up late" from Singing in the Rain the first morning. She just sang it back to me. I have my work cut out for me!

more later!!
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Your Right She is a Beautiful!!
    Yes you do have your work cut out for you what fun. But I feel you both are doing the right thing at the right time. I can read and SEE THE JOY IN ALL OF YOU. Your doing all the right things, there is that saying, Children do not come with a book telling us what to do. You do things one day at a time, some time its not alway right but thats OK we're all teaching each others.
    When we pick up Greta, last night and giving her bath because mommy and daddy was not all that well after thiere trip. She was singing a song that she was making up as we bath her Rich and I look at each other and said she going to be a singer. Like Joy, she going to also love to sing like her mommy.

    Now this is the day Tim, goes back to work and you get to see what's she up to. She will ask you so many time where is daddy or when is daddy coming home so hang in there. Oh, and big borther come home today.

    Love you and God is with you He's giving you a Blessing.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete