Thursday, December 24, 2009

A few Christmas Eve thoughts


It's Christmas Eve here. You can only tell because the traffic has been lighter today and there are a few parties in the hotel. But not much else. Feels a little sad not being at church and then at home, with presents tomorrow to look forward to.

And then a little voice pipes up, "Mama, I love you!" and somehow it just doesn't matter where we are!

I'm so amazed at how much she's decided to relax and to trust us! I know she's waited a long time for this family, and now knowing a bit more of her history, I'm even more convinced that she was waiting for THIS family for a reason. I know we wouldn't be here and wouldn't have her without God's direct help and protection. To have her open her heart up to us after all she's been through as an orphan is just a miracle. I know there will be hard days, or months, but I also know we were meant to be her parents.

I need to tell you how wonderful Tim has been with her (and me)! He is sweet and gentle when she needs him to be. He is big and strong and protects her when he needs to. And he is totally engaged in being there. I'm in awe of it all! I also love the "male discipline" thing - he has to just look at her with a frown, and she instantly straightens up! I hope that lasts a little while at least! Maybe till she's 20? ;)

Merry Christmas to everyone! We are indeed blessed this Christmas!

in Him,
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. INCREDIBLE!

    You three (and Zack) have been in my prayers. Safe travels home.

    In Christ

    Jar

    ReplyDelete