I can hardly believe it - and yet --- I can. We've waited and worked to get to this day for a long time. I have imagined what I would need to do, but not really how I would feel. I think Tim and I have been really good through this about staying in the moment. We made a pledge to ourselves and each other to not put our lives on hold while we waited for the moment when we could hold Joy.
And you know, we haven't really had much choice! As usual, life keeps going even when I've wanted it to stop for a little while so I could savor a feeling or daydream about "what it will be like when - ". It never did!
What with Zach's broken wrist, his separated shoulder, and the end of his first semester as a Senior in high school, to Scarpia needing a broken molar pulled, to trying to get the back yard to be less of a mud pit - there's always something to distract and demand attention!
We are all packed, except the computer. Tim wants to take 2 because he doesn't think I can share mine. Really, I think it's because he doesn't want to have to share with me! :) I'm taking 2 books to read just in case!
We have a Hello Kitty suitcase for Joy. It has wheels and is small enough for her to manage. I have it loaded with things to color, a book of mazes, a Where's Waldo book and a small etch-a-sketch. Oh, and a small blanket that Tim had as a baby. I also have clothes - in 3 different sizes! 4T, 4 and 5. From what other families who have been there before us said, I'm not confident about what clothes she will come with. The last few pictures I have look like she's outgrowing what they have for her to wear. And the same pair of red sneakers that she's had in pictures for a year!
I wonder what she will think of all this! New clothes. New shoes. A new suitcase all her toys. A new language. A new routine. A new mama. A new baba.
And then she'll get home and there'll be a new big brother and big sister. New dogs to play with. Not to mention a new room and all the things in it!
She's going to think every Christmas should be like this one!! :)
I want to thank all our family and friends for their support and prayers! We've had so many calls and emails this week - I can't tell you how much they have meant to us! And thank you for all the presents too! Some are wrapped and under the tree. Some are in Santa's sleigh. And some are upstairs in either her room or the playroom. I have to admit, I can hardly wait to play with them all - with Joy!
thank you!
Next post from Taipei!!
I am SO excited for you both;it's like knowing you are in labot and I am just waiting or the call to say, "We have our baby girl"!! I thought you left the 18th-Kurt thought the 19th so I have been thinking of you since teh 18th-constantly wondering what is going on. I hated to call the day before you left because I knew you must have been so busy but know you both were close in my heart in prayers for saftey and that the process is going flawlessly
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys!
Molly and Kurt