We adopted Joy from Taiwan in December, 2009. She was 5 and a half years old. Her Chinese nickname, Xi-le was given to her by her foster family. It is translated into Joy, which she is, in every way. We hope some of our stories will help you see International Adoption in a different light. Every child deserves a family who loves them for who they are and who they can become.
Wow! She's beautiful! Welcome Alexandra Joy! And congratulations Tim and Margaret! What a wonderful Christmas gift. And many many blessings on you all.
Congratulations Margaret, Tim and Alexandra Joy! What a lovely family! Your story takes me back to our journey....I totally understand all those feelings when she took your hand and you walked to the park! Enjoy your time there. And the Sheraton Executive Lounge...isn't it great!?
Oh Margaret, I've read your post over and over again. Everytime I read them it makes me cry! I'm so happy for you and what a blessing Joy is! I can tell in my heart that Joy is so perfect for you all, she is fitting right in. She is just perfect! You are doing such a great job with your blog! Thank you for documenting so much. We are keeping you in our prayers everyday and especially for a safe trip home. I'm so happy that she is everything you wanted and even more! God has given Joy a forever family and he has given you a precious child in his honor and glory. We will be in touch. MaryBeth
What an incredible Christmas for you all, the beginning of the rest of your lives together! Thanks, Tim and Margaret, for sharing your experiences. This blog is a keeper, possibly a book for Joy to keep. Blessings and safe journeys to you. Can't wait to meet Joy!!! Jane B :)
Heather - you are so right! We couldn't make it without the Sheraton Executive lounge!! Every single person up there knows our names (and Joy's) and they talk to her in English. They have translated for us a few times, but are very understanding about her needing to learn English. They also taught us the word for "to swallow" since we are going to need that word...And thank heavens for high tea snacks! :) Margaret
Wow! She's beautiful! Welcome Alexandra Joy! And congratulations Tim and Margaret! What a wonderful Christmas gift. And many many blessings on you all.
ReplyDeleteSarah Swett
Congratulations Margaret, Tim and Alexandra Joy! What a lovely family! Your story takes me back to our journey....I totally understand all those feelings when she took your hand and you walked to the park! Enjoy your time there. And the Sheraton Executive Lounge...isn't it great!?
ReplyDeleteHeather and Ian Biddell
Vancouver BC
Congratulations, it has been a long road and well worth it. That is one lucky little girl. Have a great time and safe travels. Howard
ReplyDeleteOh Margaret, I've read your post over and over again. Everytime I read them it makes me cry! I'm so happy for you and what a blessing Joy is! I can tell in my heart that Joy is so perfect for you all, she is fitting right in. She is just perfect! You are doing such a great job with your blog! Thank you for documenting so much. We are keeping you in our prayers everyday and especially for a safe trip home. I'm so happy that she is everything you wanted and even more! God has given Joy a forever family and he has given you a precious child in his honor and glory. We will be in touch.
ReplyDeleteMaryBeth
What an incredible Christmas for you all, the beginning of the rest of your lives together! Thanks, Tim and Margaret, for sharing your experiences. This blog is a keeper, possibly a book for Joy to keep. Blessings and safe journeys to you. Can't wait to meet Joy!!!
ReplyDeleteJane B :)
Heather - you are so right! We couldn't make it without the Sheraton Executive lounge!! Every single person up there knows our names (and Joy's) and they talk to her in English. They have translated for us a few times, but are very understanding about her needing to learn English. They also taught us the word for "to swallow" since we are going to need that word...And thank heavens for high tea snacks! :)
ReplyDeleteMargaret