I think this was her first time in a real pool. From the pictures I have, I think she's only been in a wading pool with floaties on her arms. None of that here, just Dad to protect her.
She had the best time! And did a great job! She had her head under the water and was jumping off the second step in no time. Tim got her to kick and then float and by the second swimming expedition, she was nearly swimming on her own.
Amazing!
However, one thing we've learned about this child, she does not like to be cold! When she got out of the water, she just started screaming! And went stiff as a board (more about bathtime later, where this is a nightly ritual). We went straight to a warm bath, but it took about half an hour to calm her down and reassure her that she was just cold, not dying. But to hear her screaming and moaning and huffing and groaning, you'd think she was in her last hour for sure!
Here are some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment