This picture is from this morning. After getting in trouble last night and having TV taken away today, somehow Joy found something else to do!
I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but she made a nest in the corner and took some toys and a few books over there. She was reading the Dr. Seuss book aloud to the "baby" who was "sleepy". After she read the book, she got my calculator and played with that for nearly 15 minutes!
She announced this morning, "no tv today, Mama". I don't think it was a question - I really thought it was a statement. So we have cd's playing and it's actually been a great morning! I thought I was surely screwed by not having the tv to fall back on, but so far, we're okay!
It might help that we slept till almost 8:30 this morning. Yesterday, she was up at 4:30am and really didn't go back to sleep, although we didn't get out of bed till 7:00. She isn't really taking naps, except in the car (lol!) so if we don't get enough sleep, we are really cranky all day long, I found out yesterday.
I'm grateful for a nice day today!
Now, if she will just participate in Karate today rather than sucking on her hand sitting against the wall....
Thank you for sharing your blog with the yahoo group. I went back and read all about your traveling time. We are getting ready to travel to pick up our 4y dd and 2 ds. I love to read were other families visited and what worked for them.
ReplyDeleteMandy